Friday, November 30, 2012

Canon 24mm 1.4 Mark II vs Sigma 24mm 1.8 Macro Lens Review

Canon 24mm 1.4 Mark II vs Sigma 24mm 1.8 Macro Lens Review Video Clips. Duration : 10.22 Mins.


www.learningdslrvideo.com One of my favorite channels to watch on YouTube is DeeJay Scharton's over at DSLRFilmNoob.com. He does a lot of product reviews and tutorials on this channel, I have learned a lot from him over the past 2 years. DeeJay has a ton more experience than I do shooting shorts and other movies, checkout DeeJay's IMDB page. DeeJay has a much different shooting style than I do, he tends to use mostly primes for his movies, while I use mostly zooms for my promo and corporate videos. So I thought it would be fun to do a video together. I learned a lot watching him work and was amazed by all the gear he owns. Since both of our YouTube subscribers seem to like lens reviews, in this video we are comparing the Canon 24mm 1.4 Mark II vs Sigma 24mm 1.8 Marco lenses. Sharpness On a crop sensor as you can see here the Canon on the left at 1.8 is a bit sharper in the center of the frame. And then as we move up to the upper left hand corner of the frame you can see the the Sigma on the right gets pretty smeary compared to the Canon on the left. Running the exact same test on the 5D full frame starting in the upper corner you can see again that the Canon is a bit sharper, as we move to the center you can see that the Canon is noticeably sharper than the Sigma. Lets head back to the crop sensor and an f-stop of 2.8 to see if the Sigma can improve at a slightly higher f-stop number. And yes the Sigma does better now but I would still give the win to the Canon. As we ...

0 comments:

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.